Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Campout...

So Mike and I went camping just on Friday night because they said it would rain on Saturday. So Mike comes home we get everything in the car and we head off to go camping. We had to stop at Maceys to get a few items. What we forgot though that it was case lot sale going on for the next 2 weeks. It was so busy and packed with people. Then since Mike use to work at Maceys everybody wanted to talk with him and see how things were going. Which was fine but we were loosing daylight real fast. So what turned into a quick stop to pick up a few items ended up lasting at least an hour it felt like for me. So don't go shopping during case lot it takes forever to get out of there. Thank goodness for self checkout or else we would have really been in there for a long while.

So then we get up to Logan Canyon. We passed the first campground, then the second, and then the third when finally Mike decides to turn into the Preston Valley Campground. But then we missed the turn off so we have to pulled off the side of the road and come back to the campground. So we get then we reached it and turn it. We were so lucky because there were only two spots left in the entire campground area. It is getting darker by the minute. So Mike starts setting up the tent while I pay the camp fee. We get the tent and bedding all set up. Mike then starts on the fire because we still haven't ate dinner and our starving by now. Thank goodness he is a good eagle scout and knows how to do all that. Because the fire took a while before he could get it started. Then he happens to ask me if I brought the camping chairs and of course I forgot them. So luckily we had some left over logs to sit on to roast our bratwursts over the fire. If you haven't ever had a cheddar Bratwurst you must try them especially roasted over the fire. They are yummy and so much better than just plain hot dogs. So we had those delicious bratwurst along with some wheat thins with chicken salad on them and my favorite the chicken oriental salad from Maceys deli. This is something else you must try. It is so good. For dessert we were going to have marshmallows with shortbread cookies and chocolate in the middle but instead Mike just ate the chocolate and I ate the Snickers he won at work for me.

So then we look at the clock and we thought at least by now it would be 10:00 but it was only 9:00. So we put all the food away and got ready for bed. We ended up going to bed at 9:30. Crazy. I tried to get Mike to play UNO but he just wanted to talk instead. So he started to ask me a bunch of questions. Then he ended up teaching me Spanish words to help me at my work to better communicate with the employees and parents. It was fun learning some new Spanish words and phrases. I can't say that I remember them now because after a while I couldn't keep them straight anymore so we went to bed. We were saying our prayers when I heard this noise out by the tent so I stopped halfway through the prayer to listen to try to tell what it was. I finished the prayer then asked Mike what the noise was. Come to find out the noise was only Mike's foot scratching the bottom of the tent. It freak me out I thought it was some animal or a person. But of course it was only my loving husband Mike teasing me once again.

So the next morning we woke up at 5:00 a.m. because the air in our mattress had almost gone out. Mike couldn't sleep anymore because of the traffic that kept on going by. We started to debate whether we should pack up camp and go home because we started to hear it thundering. We were so tired that everything was funny to us and we couldn't stop from laughing. Finally we decided to go home and sleep in our nice comfy bed.

On the way home Mike got hungry so we stop at McDonald's in Logan. We got breakfast and headed back to Mendon. We left everything in the car and went straight for our beds. Mike slept until 10:00 a.m. and I left peacefully until noon. It was a great and fun camping experience. We probably won't go camping until next year now because we didn't sleep all that well until we got home. It was a good weekend. I had fun spending time with Mike. Sorry I wasn't able to post any pictures. The time we got to the camp site it was pretty much dark. Maybe next time. The stars though were absolutely gorgeous.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Sounds like you had quite the experience. Talk about a quick camping trip!