Christmas eve we spent with my my parents and my sister Stacie. We ate pizza and talked around the table. We then opened presents. We played, Catch Phrase and Apples to Apples. It was a lot of fun. We ate goodies and just enjoyed each others company. It was a fun filled night.
We had a wonderful Christmas morning. I got to sleep in until at least 9:30. Mike couldn't sleep and woke up around 7:30. We started by opening our stockings. Mike got his favorite orange chocolate sticks. We opened presents and then had muffins for breakfast. Nothing to fancy.
We then got ready and headed over to Aunt Laverna's house and Grandpa's to wish them a Merry Christmas and give them their presents. We were then off to Mike's parents house where we opened presents and had a delicious lunch. His mom is a great cook. We were able to play with Ethan, Mike's nephew. We talked and opened presents. It was great being around family and those we love.
Later that evening Mike, Rob, and I went down to the church house to fly their remote control helicopters and airplanes together. While they were flying I got to drive Mike's remote control corvette around the gym. It was fun driving it. It goes way fast. And it was also fun watching Mike and Rob tease each other as they would almost crash into each other with their airplanes. Mike showed me how to fly his helicopter. I couldn't stop it from flying in circles and that is when Mike finally took it away from me and flied it himself. The helicopter was fun to fly but I need some more practice at it.
After we were done flying in the gym we headed back up to Mike's parents house. Once we got outside it was a blizzard. There was white outs along the way to his parents house. Just as you would scrap off the snow on the windows it would be right back on if you didn't hurry before driving. It was beautiful. It was definitely a winter wonderland. Mike loved driving in the snowstorm because he was able to test out his new truck and the 4wd on it. I must say it was kind of scary not being able to see ahead of you but it was gorgeous. I love when it snows a ton.
We made it safely to his parents since it isn't to far from the church house. We ended up having a snowball fight and building 2 tiny snowman since the snow wasn't all too good for packing to make a large snowman. They actually looked like 2 aliens instead of snowman. My father-in-law showed my how to run the snow blower. I got to do for a little while. It was pretty fun until I couldn't see where I was going. After being in the snow we went inside to get warm. We had a delicious cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows while watching the movie WALL-E. It was a wonderful Christmas Day spending time with Mike and his family.
3 comments:
It was so good to see you guys. Remind me when you come on Sunday and I'll give you a copy of that caramel recipe.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!Cute post!! Sounds like you had a very nice christmas with presents, family and snow! We had a good christmas as well..I wish you the best this new year and may you and Mike receive many many blessings! Thanks for being such a great friend!
What cute snowmen!
Post a Comment