Scone Recipe:
2 tbsp. yeast or 2 pkg. of yeast
1/4 c. lukewarm water
2 c. boiling water
1/3 c. sugar
2 tbsp. shortening or margarine
2 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. salt
2 eggs
5 c. flour (approximately)
Dissolve yeast in 1/4 c. lukewarm water. Set aside. Thoroughly mix 2 c. boiling water, sugar, shortening, butter, & salt. Cool to lukewarm. Stir in dissolved yeast and eggs. Mix well. Add flour as necessary to make dough easy to handle. Knead for 5 minutes. Afterward put in an oiled bowl. Cover. Refrigerate overnight. When ready to use, roll 1/4" thick on a floured surface. Cut into squares or circles. Let rise until double in size ( 1 1/2 hrs.). Cook in 1/2 " oil in a pan on med heat. Cook both sides of the scone until golden brown. Make sure you roll the dough out rather thin so isn't doughy in the middle once you cook it. ENJOY!!
I didn't leave my dough in the fridge overnight instead I just let it rise until it double in size and then I rolled them out and cut them into circles and let them rise about 2 hrs. It still worked really good.
Navajo Tacos
1 pkg. Taco Seasoning-Cook as directed on package w/beef
1 lb-2lb. Beef
1 small yellow onion (cook with beef)
3 Roma Tomatoes (diced)
1/2 lb. Cheddar Cheese-
2 c. spinach (chopped)
Hidden Valley Dressing-serve on top of the taco
This scone recipe is one of my favorites. The Navajo Tacos tasted really good. It is one of my favorite recipes to cook now.
I doubled the recipe so I could have dough let over for scones to serve with cream honey. You can fridge the scone dough for up to 4 days in your freezer.
No comments:
Post a Comment