Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Errand Day...

This morning Matthew was so kind to let me sleep in until 8:30. It was wonderful. Even though for tomorrow I have asked Mike to wake me up so I can spend more time with him in the mornings and get an early start with my day. I am already excited to have breakfast with him and just to spend time together.

So for breakfast this morning Matthew was so hungry and had a large appetite. He ate a half a piece of french toast, a bowl of yogurt, a few pieces of bread (while the french toast was cooking), and some Parmesan Pepperidge Farm fish crackers(These are his favorite new cracker. He normally eats them with every meal). He loves breakfast and eats really great in the morning and normally pretty good throughout the day.

Today was definitely a day of errands. We started on our adventure to town at 11:30 to have lunch with Mike. It was so nice to talk and visit with him in the middle of the day rather than waiting to see him at 5:00 at night. We had some yummy Ham & Potato Soup (Heather Taylor's Recipe; one of our favorites). I will share it later. Matthew loves this soup and this is normally the only way we get him to eat some meat. He eats everything in the soup and loves it. Matthew had fun being with his Dad and watching all the employees talk and walk around the break room. He loves watching people and getting their attention. Mike only has an 1/2 hr. lunch which is so nice but goes by so quickly.

In town today I was able to see some old friends from high school that I had graduated with or gone to school with. It was a lot of fun to have them meet Matthew and to see what was going on in their lives. It was interesting to see all the different stages of life. My one friend has been married for a year now and is expecting her first baby in May and doesn't want to know what she is having. They wanted to be surprised. I was too excited with Matthew and we both wanted to know. Even though at first I must say I was kind of that way not wanting to know but then for baby showers it made it a lot easier for family/friends to know what to buy to help out. Then my other friend that I talked with has only been married for 3 months. Then I thought of how Mike and I have been married for almost 6 yrs. in Jan and we now have a 16 month old. Wow, how life changes so fast. I love it though. I wouldn't change where we are at now for anything. I love being a wife and mother. It brings me such great joy into my life. I am so glad that I met Mike when I did and how we fell in love so quickly and knew it was meant to be.

Now I don't have to go grocery shopping for another 2 weeks. Hurray! I don't mind it but I would rather just stay home so Matthew can run around the house and play. But we need food and it is kind of fun to see how Matthew does outside of the house. It is good for the two of us to get out. I like shopping though while Mike is at. So when he is home we can be together as a family rather than me shopping while he is home watching Matthew. Even though sometimes I do like to get a little break for myself from time to time. Normally though for my breaks it is going to a fun class with the extension offices that they offer for free. I love the cooking & nutrition classes. They are amazing and give out free samples which I love to try their recipes. They are really healthy and pretty cheap to make.

So I found bread flour today at Sam's Club for $7.64 for a 25 lb bag which is an awesome deal because normally you can just find it at Maceys for $11.99 and that is when it is on sale. I have missed having my bread flour around to cook with. I use it for everything and try to mix in from time to time a little wheat flour so we can get use to eating it and so it is more healthier for us.

Matthew and I played cars again today. He drove them around on the table. He loves the two new police vans he got for Christmas that came in one of his Match Box car sets.

So when I was changing Matthew's diaper today I asked him to say, "Ma, Ma... and then Da, Da..." He quietly said, "Ma, Ma, and then Da, Da." I love hearing his little voice. His voice is so sweet. He is so good at listening and repeating some words. His cognitive skills are getting really good.

These are the words he can say. (We only hear them from time to time so when I do hear them Mike and I get so excited over it. )

  • ma, ma
  • mommy
  • mom
  • da, da
  • daddy
  • dad
  • yes
  • uh-oh
  • this (then he will point to it)
  • Grandma
  • Fozzy
  • Aflac (Mike talked him that a ducks says, "Quack, Quack, then AFLAC..." It is hilarious when he says it. He taught him this because Matthew loved playing with the Aflac duck at our insurance place because it would say Aflac and he would giggled a tiny bit at the duck.)
  • Stace (my sister's name; Stacie)
  • woof, woof (He loves watching our dogs each day while sitting in his window sill while I hold him to look out at the dogs.)
  • thanks
  • cracker
  • balloon
  • ball
  • splash, splash
  • yeah
  • grandpa
  • pooh (He loves his pooh bear that Grandpa & Grandma Taylor gave to him. He sleeps with it every night.)
He is one smart kid and great at learning new things. He imitates Mike the best.

Then another thing he did today was he brought me a small book his has and pointed to the cupcake in the book. He loves cupcakes that we buy from Hostess/Wonder Bread. He is so smart. I asked him if he wanted a cupcake and he got a huge smile on his face. But I told him we didn't have any but he could have a cookie instead. He was so excited and reached his arms up to the highchair. This he does when he wants food. We have discovered his new favorite cookie. It is called the Mothers Cookies with Taffy in them. He loves them. Whenever he eats them he will break it open and will licked the yummy white cream filling off of both sides of the cookie. Then he will eat the rest of the cookie bite by bite. It is so cute to watch. At first he didn't do this but lately that is how he eats them. They are our family's favorite cookie thanks to Mike introducing us to them just barely.

We got him a harmonica for Christmas and he is still trying to figured it out but he loves to carry it around the house. So today I put it up to his mouth and told him to blow on it. He then blew and it started to make a little noise. So I told him to blow again and he blew a lot more and it was a little louder. He was so happy about that and had a huge grin on his face. He was so very proud of himself. He has a recorder that he plays with and blows really good on it. He loves blowing into it and making music. He gets so excited. So now when he holds the harmonica he holds it the same way as the recorder and tries to blow into the top but nothing happens. So now it is just helping him learn to hold the harmonica the correct way to make some music. He is catching on quick. I am so very proud of him. I love how he grins so big when he makes the music.

No comments: