Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Our Day...




So I have decided that I really miss writing lately. My goal is to write for 30 minutes each day to journal the happenings of our life. I figured it is a reasonable goal that I can accomplish. I really want to print off my posts so I need to start writing things down or putting pictures on or I won't have anything to print. I want to have it for my family history and the memories. I am excited about my new goal.

Today has been a super wonderful day. Matthew was kind to let me sleep in until 9:10. It felt great to receive that extra rest. Sleep does wonders for me. I am able to accomplish so much more within the day and I think more clearly when my body gets the rest that I need.

We played cars this morning with all his new Match Box cars he got for Christmas. He loves them. He is so good at making the noises of the cars and the trucks. We would put them on the dresser and race them across. He loved it! He would then push the car back in my direction and we would do it again and again. He then enjoyed putting them in his dresser and opening and closing the drawer really fast to watch the cars zoom across in the drawer. He would laugh and step up and down on his toes in a quick motion showing his excitement. He would put them in the drawer one by one and then open and close it again and again. I love watching him play and see his mind working. In the one picture below with his cars his has his brush that he normally carries around the house through out the day and will sometimes brush his hair really fast. It is hilarious to watch. Because when he brushes his hair he gets this really serious face that is so cute and funny. I love him so very much! He is such a joy!

He is my little helper. Wherever I go he is normally right behind me wanting and waiting to help out. While I was cleaning the bathroom today he was standing by the door watching with big eyes wondering what was going on. He wanted so badly to help out but I had to put the laundry hamper in the way so he couldn't get to the shampoo and cleaning supplies. Then when I was doing laundry this morning he would take from my hand the small clothes items and place them in the dryer. He was so very sad though when we had to wash his blanket and all his soft toys today. He cried and wanted to look in the washer to see where they were at. Once they were done drying and I told him we were going to get his blanket out of the dryer. He ran to the back door and waited for me to open it and then took off running to the dryer. He waited excitedly next to the door wanting his blanket badly. So I grab all the blankets and toys out of the laundry and he followed me into his room still so excited and fussing a little bit for his favorite blanket. I gave it to him and he immediately cuddle up to it and laid on the floor with his face in it. Then I gave him Other Bear & Fozzy, his favorite stuff animals. He loves Pooh Bear to but he was still drying from being washed. He was so happy to have them back again and luckily he didn't start looking for Pooh Bear.

I have loved having so much more energy today than yesterday from getting more sleep this morning. I have done laundry, put clean sheets on the beds, done a deep cleaning of our bathroom which so needed it and was past due. I have been learning new ways to clean for less in cost and I am trying to go more towards the natural/safer way of products. I have found a lot of things on my favorite site Pinterest. It is amazing and so much fun to read all the creative and amazing ideas on there. So we have hard water and the soap scum is really bad in our bathtub. So I tried using Baking soda with applying water first and then shaking Baking soda around the ring of the tub and letting it sit for 25 min. It works like magic. You use a wet rag to rub the soap scum off after the time is up. My tub looks so beautiful and white. It has a clean feel and look to it. I love it! It is so much cheaper to clean with and it isn't so strong with all the many chemicals that other cleaners have in them. It is my new way to cleaning my tub. Then for the rest of the bathtub I spray straight vinegar all over the shower walls and the facets and wipe down with a rag and then spray off with water. Then I dry the whole bathtub and shower walls. It works great and gets off all the soap build up and is once again a lot less strong than the other chemicals I use to clean with. I still need to use up my old stuff so it doesn't go to waste.

I am going to be making for dinner tonight some yummy Navajo Tacos. I am so excited. They are one of our favorite meals. I will have to post the recipe later on. This recipe is my favorite dough recipe to use for scones. It taste incredible. I believe Mike got it from a companion from his mission in Uruguay.

It has felt wonderful to straighten, clean, & get rid of some of the junk around our house today. We still had all the boxes and wrapping paper out from Christmas. It was time to clean it up. I love the feel of a clean home. It brings peace, love, and happiness into the home. And the spirit can dwell there more easy from it being a little heaven on earth.

Matthew is getting really good with using his spoon/fork with his meals. Now if we have utensils and he doesn't he fusses and points to ours to let us know that he wants one if I forget to give him one. I am so proud of him. He is a quick learner. In this picture below he thought using his hand to pick up the yogurt was a lot faster than using the spoon. So cute!

Next thing on my list today is to clean our kitchen up & to take a shower for today. Sad as it is that I still haven't had a shower today but I have accomplished a lot of things and now that Matthew is sleeping I can finally jump in. Now he takes his nap later so some days it is a lot more hard to get an early shower. But it he is really good at letting me put him in his crib with some toys and I will tell him I will be back soon and that he isn't in trouble and I love him. I also say I need to take my shower now so mommy will be back soon. He is such a good little boy and will just play quietly with all his toys in his crib. Some mornings if I am awake with Mike at 7:00 I will jump in for a quick shower. I love when I get an early start to my day. I need to do this more often. I feel so much better when I do and I get a lot more accomplish. Then I am able to spend those early morning hours with Mike before he goes to work. I love this time spent together as a family.

So I was going to make the scone recipe for the Navajo tacos but I forgot I was out of white bread flour and only had wheat flour available to use. So I decided I am going to make them tomorrow since I am going shopping for the basics and will be picking up some way cute photos of Matthew. I will have to share them soon. So instead for dinner I made sausage with biscuits & gravy. The recipe you can find at http://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/2011/11/biscuits-and-sausage-gravy.html. It is one of my favorite cooking sites. I am so glad that my SIL Jen introduced me to the site because I now have many favorites from this fun cooking site. It turned out to be yummy. It would have taste better if again I had bread flour to use rather than wheat flour. I like cooking with wheat flour because it s healthier but it has a strong taste that sometimes tends to overpower the food too much.

After dinner we just relaxed, played with Matthew, and talked as a couple. I then was able to cuddled by Mike and he was kind to let me read aloud to him the book I am still trying to finished and learn from. It is called, "The Five Love Languages of Children." It is by Chapman and Campbell. It is an amazing and inspiring book on how to better to raise your children. And how to better understand their love language and how to fill their love tank with love. I find it very interesting to read about. It is definitely a book I would like to buy at some point when I am able to. I would love to add it to my library.

Next I need to post about our Christmas. I am excited to put the pictures on that I took of our special day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to be better writing in my journal as well. It is sad all the things I haven't written down about the kids. I look forward to when you post that scone recipe. They are the best!

The Taylor LIfe said...

Awesome, I love days when I feel like I got a lot accomplished, especially in the mornings. Now, I guess I need to work on cleaning my house. Rob is home all week, so I have been trying to get things more organized and cleaned up. Hopefully getting things ready for the baby in 2 months.

Mike, Heidi, and Matthew said...

(Jen)I love going back to Matthew's journal and reading about the fun things he used to do and some things he still does. It is worth taking the time but the hard part is just putting time aside to actually doing it. Hopefully we can do better together at this. Good luck! I will post the recipe tomorrow for you to have. I tried your scone recipe on your food blog and it was yummy too. I like how your recipe is a lot easier and doesn't take as long as mine. Thanks for sharing it. I had it at Christin's house when she made us Navajo tacos the one time.

Mike, Heidi, and Matthew said...

(Christin) Good Luck with organizing your house! It seems like you are doing great at it already from what you have posted getting done on your blog. I found a great site on organizing on Pinterest. Check out my pin. It has helped me a ton to focus better. There is even free print outs that help out with the organization process. Have fun with Rob being home. I would love it if Mike had vacation still. I can't wait for the new year when he does again.