Today was a such a great day. Matthew and I went down to the park at 8:30 so Mike could do his phone interview for a new job. He loves to swing and go down the slides. It was so relaxing, enjoyable, and felt great to get some fresh air so early in the morning. (I need to get an earlier start each day. I would feel a lot better if I did.) Mike later joined us after his interview. He finds out tomorrow morning if gets a second interview. We are so excited and can't wait until then to find out. We are hoping and praying things will work out. Mike rode his motorcycle to the park so Matthew could see it. Matthew loves the motorcycle and every time he sees it or hears it coming he will make the motorcycle noise.
We spent almost all day outside because it was so very warm. We went over to Laverna's house and brought our sand tools to play in the dirt and sand from the sandbags we had left over from the flooding. Matthew loved it. He was able to play with a toy Backhoe from his Great Aunt Kaye's sandbox. We definitely need to buy him some fun outside tractors to play in the dirt with. He played with that toy for such an incredible long time. It was fun to watch him make such cute loud truck noises with it. He was able to play with his second cousin Katelyn. They bond so well. She is so kind to Matthew. Laverna and I watched them and enjoyed ourselves in the sun.
My goal was to finish a photo project I have been working on so I could send them off to the client today. And I did it just in time before Mike came home so I could spend time with Matthew and him. It felt great to meet my deadline. Plus I wanted to have time later on to weed outside. It felt great to work on photos and to have fun doing it. I love developing my talents. I love photography and can't wait to teach myself more things. I find myself getting better at it and understanding things a lot better. I love being able to capture the moment and pause it in time. It brings such an energy and excitement to my heart.
So at about 5:00, Lady went into Labor to have her Beagle puppies. She ended up having 5. They are so cute and fun to watch squirm around and make their funny noises. Lady is doing good and so are all the puppies.
Mike was kind to watch Matthew so I could weed and trim down all the old stuff in our flower beds. It felt great to get my hands dirty and to make things look beautiful again. I find it a great stress reliever. I am so excited to start transplanting some of my plants to new spots and to buy some new flowers for Mother's day to go in our flower beds. I love seeing the plants I bought from last year come up again and be a little bit bigger this Spring.
Once I came inside Mike and I played a game of bowling on the Wii. We haven't played our Wii in the longest of times. It was so much fun to spend time together. Matthew loved watching us and jumping up and down with us when we would get a spare or a strike. It was hilarious to watch him.
What a truly wonderful day! Today I felt productive and great about myself. Lately I have been trying to set aside time for me and to develop my talents. I think it is so easy to get busy with all the housework plus being a mother and a wife. That it is easy to forget about yourself and your own pursuits. So I have been pursuing my photography, crafts (making texture balls), and gardening skills lately. It is refreshing to see that I do have my own interests and talents that are part of who I am. I am good at things. I think it is really important to set this quality time aside for yourself so you can be a better wife and mother. It fills my love tank and gives me more love and patience for others.
No comments:
Post a Comment