Saturday, April 14, 2012

I found a new Laundry Detergent to use...

I was looking on the internet trying to find a way to make homemade laundry detergent so I could use up some leftover borax and washing soda and of course to help save some money. I came upon this website: http://www.diynatural.com/homemade-laundry-detergent-soap/

I have been using it for at least 1 month now and it has worked great for our family. I found my bar of soap at SMITHS for $4.29. It is called Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps; http://www.drbronner.com. The type that I picked out of his scents is unscented along with it being non-sensitive for babies. It is working great and we haven't had any rashes in the family from switching to it. Plus the clothes come out just as clean and seem to feel a little bit softer and brighter.

What I loved most about this Homemade Laundry detergent is you know what is in it and you only have to use 1 tbsp per load. I tend to use 2 tbsp. for my bigger loads.

I am trying to learn how to do more things on my own and to help save some money along the way. I love learning new things. I did try making the Homemade Dishwasher Detergent but I didn't like it at all, that is where my leftover products came from in the first place. It didn't work great and would leave our glasses looking gross and had a film on them. So now I am back to the Cascade with Dawn. I love that! Recently I did purchase the Member's Mark brand of dish washing detergent from Sam's Club and now I know I will always be sticking to Cascade now. This detergent leaves a film and doesn't clean the glasses as good as the Cascade. So now I am stuck with 2 boxes of detergent that I don't like but must use so I don't waste it. The detergent works great as long as you use Lem-Shine with it. But then it defeats the purpose of saving money with this detergent. Now I know what to buy to get the job done the first time around.

No comments: