Friday, May 4, 2012

Matthew's New Toddler Car Bed...

We went on Wednesday to pick up Matthew's bed. We found it on KSL.com. Mike would show the pictures to Matthew and he would make the car noises every time he saw it and would get so very excited. Mike would then ask if Matthew would like to go see it. Matthew would then shake his head yes and get a big grin on his face. So we borrowed Grandpa's truck to go pick it up. So this was a special treat for Matthew because he loves Grandpa Taylor's truck and to take rides in it. Once we arrived at our destination we asked Matthew if we should take the bed home. And of course he shook his head yes and smiled his big grin. I asked him later on, once we were loading things into the truck if he wanted to sleep in the car bed. He shook his head no. Then I asked if he wanted to sleep in his crib. He shook his head no. So I decided to ask if he would like to sleep outside since he loves to be outside all the time. He shook his head yes. Mike and I weren't surprised by this at all. So it sounds like this summer we are going camping a lot as a family. What a funny and smart boy of ours.

Once we got home I cleaned the bed really good and then Matthew played in the inside of the car with all his cars and kitchen food. He loved it. He would climb in and out again and again. It was so fun to see him get so excited over it. While Mike was taking down his crib Matthew brought his toolbox and was being Daddy's little helper with the bed. He is so very fascinated with Mike's tools. He had fun playing for awhile with Daddy's sockets. He kept on rearranging them all over in the storage box they came in.

So we got all the pieces of the crib out of his room and moved the car bed into his room. He was so very happy. As soon as we got the mattress in the car he started to jump on it. Then he had to have all his stuff animals with him. We read stories to him while he sat on his bed. What a fun night of sweet memories.

After story time we said goodnight, gave him hugs and kisses and shut his door to let him fall asleep. We told him we loved him that he wasn't in trouble but that he could play with his kitchen or read books but he had to stay in his room. He wasn't all too happy about that. He cried and bang at the door while trying to open the door with his hand. This is why we wanted to switch him to the toddler bed before he figured out how to open our doors in our house. We are hoping by the time he figures out how to open the door then he will be use to sleeping in his new bed and know to stay in his room at bedtime. This is our hope. Wish us good luck.

So it didn't work out so well because he was extra tired that night since we were slow getting his room together so he went to bed late. Now when he gets pass the point of tiredness he will fight going to bed a lot worse than just regularly going to bed. Normally he doesn't put up a fight and just will fall asleep while making noises. So lets just say he was sad and mad at all the same time. So Mike and I being easy to give in let him come to our bed while we watched our show CASTLE. We told him he had to fall asleep or else he would have to go back to his bed. I love when we tell him this because he will hurry to close his eyes and then he will peek out of one eye. It is so cute to see. He is getting to be more and more silly with his personality. I love seeing his little personality emerging more and more. So of course he opened his eyes off and on but I kept on telling him to shut his eyes so he would and then I would play with his hair. He fell asleep so quick after this that we then laid him down in his bed shortly after without a fight. He was so very tired. He then woke up at 2:00 a.m. so I laid next to him on his floor so he could slowly adjust to his new bed. The new environment is taking an adjustment period but we will make it through. My back is starting to get use to sleeping on a hard floor sadly.

Last night he fell asleep in Mike's arms after being mad again and crying in his room. He was so tired and went down without a fight once we  laid him in his car bed. That night he woke up at 1:00 a.m. I went in to comfort him. It was dark so it was hard to find him. He was sitting on the floor just below the bottom of his bed.  I said, "Matthew where are you? Can you come to Mom?". Then he appeared from the corner by his bed. I asked him, if he was scared of the dark. He said yes. I gave him some water and told him it was time to go back to bed and that I would sleep next to him. He fell right to sleep after that and would stirred occasionally after that.

I must say he loves the new freedom of his bed because when he is awake he is able to get out by himself and will start  to play with his toys.

So today with nap time. He was frustrated and bang at the door when I closed it. He did really good and eventually fell asleep on his own and has been sleeping since 1:00. So things are already getting better. Hurray!






He plays in his bed with all his toys throughout the whole day. He really loves it!

2 comments:

The Taylor LIfe said...

Hopefully he will get the hang of his new bed. I love his bed, that is awesome! Has he fallen out of it at all, that is what I am worried about with Julie. Good luck with everything!

Roystal said...

FUN!!! Matthew is soo loved! He has such a cool racecar bed! He is growing so fast Heidi! He's adorable!! Miss ya!