Monday, March 9, 2009

Day 26. Catch up...

So I have been slacking in writing every day on my blog. I just wanted to catch up on what has been going on with us.

So lately Mike and I have been trying to accumulate our 1 year supply of food storage gradually. So Maceys is having their case lot sale so we decided to get a bunch of items. We think we may now have our 3 month supply. Hurray! It feels so good to have some food storage for a emergency if there was one. Our next thing we really want to do is to get 72 hour kits for the both of us.

I have been trying to cook new recipes lately. I found this yummy recipe in Taste of Homes Magazine it is called, "Spinach Beef Biscuit Bake". It was really good and it was nice to have something different for dinner. I love trying and cooking new recipes.


Mike is almost completed with taking his Ham Radio class. He is thrilled to purchase his radio and start trying out what he has learned from his class. He is busy doing his online classes through Steven Henager College. He is enjoying school and really likes his job. He is definitely really good at selling.

I am still taking child care classes and my nutrition class. I love going to school and being able to learn more new things. It is fun getting to know other child care providers. My teachers are wonderful and very knowledgable.

This weekend was great because Mike took Friday off so we could spend some more time together. It was great just being with each other. We got some more food storage, ran errands around town, and got our car battery fully charged. Later on we came home and watched Star Trek, Deep Space Nine. We are now on season 4. I love watching them. They are actually pretty interesting and sometimes chessy but overall they are really good and clean.
We had our friends over later on Friday to eat my friend Sarah's yummy cheese dip and to watch a movie with them. It was a enjoyable and fun evening. The Yonks are great friends of ours.

We went over last night and visited with my parents. It was fun being able to talk and catch up with them. It was a lot of fun. I love spending time with family.

I finish reading "New Moon" and I started on the next book "Eclipse". It is getting to be a little better now. I can't wait to see Twilight the movie.

1 comment:

Dax and Steph said...

Hey, I have been trying to get a hold of you, but I'm not sure if I have your umber right in my phone. I just have a couple of questions for ya so just give me a call when you get a chance! Your food storage is looking good. I went to stock up too, but I never know what to buy. We need to hang out again!