Thursday, July 15, 2010

31 Weeks Pregnant, Remodel, My Birthday...

I really can't believe how the time has flow on by with my pregnancy. Everyone says to me, that it probably has felt like forever to me but it hasn't because being busy has kept my mind busy too. This summer has flown on by with remodeling, baby shopping, and working full time.

Lately though at work I have gone to taking 1 day off a week and starting next week I will have 2 days off a week because I get so tired easily and my feet and back is starting to ache a lot more.

I heard from a lot of people just wait it only get worse and I didn't believe that it could but now I agree with them. It is crazy what pregnancy does to your body and how it takes the energy right out of you. It is amazing though at the same time what the body can handle. It just shows that it is meant to happen by the great design of our God. I like the way my one friend Becky put it, that your growing a baby inside of you so it should be a lot of work. It made me feel better when she told me this because then I don't feel as guilty for doing nothing at times.

Here are e some 31 week pregnancy pictures.

Last Friday, July 9th, was my birthday and oh was it a great day. Mike was able to take the day off from work along with me having the whole day off too. We slept in and then we went out to IHOP for breakfast and I was able to get my favorite breakfast food, french toast. It was so yummy. We then went to my doctor's appointment later that day and heard little Matthew's heartbeat. It was beating strong. It was one of the best birthday presents. After the doctor's visit we drove down to Layton to pick up the stroller, and car seat I have been wanting to get for awhile. While we were there they had the changing table in stock that I have also been excited to purchase. So Mike loaded all the items into the cart and we were off. We looked around trying to find home decor for our bedroom since that is what I asked to have for my birthday this year. We were out of luck though. I am still in the looking process. I may just get this comforter that I have been looking at for awhile on OVERSTOCK.com. On the way home we stopped at chili's to have my favorite Cajun Chicken pasta that they serve with their delicious garlic bread. At about 9:30 we whipped out the cheesecake and strawberries from the fridge and Mike lite the candles. I had a hard time blowing them out because I was out of breath from being pregnant that it took me 3 tries before they were all blown out. What a workout. The cheesecake was so good. It is what I have every year for my birthday since it is so very fattening. I have got to cheat sometimes. It is only fair. To top the day off Mike wrote me a sweet love note to wish me a Happy Birthday. He read it to me before we went to bed. It was really one of the best birthdays I have had. I had a wonderful day spending time with my sweet husband. He made it a great day for me. I even got to take a nap in between the day. It was the perfect day.

I turned 24 and will be having my first baby boy. Crazy! Once I have him that is probably when I will feel a little older.

Here are some birthday pictures.


The remodel is going well. We had to delay the sheet rockers by 1 week because we came into some electrial problems we had to fix before it was drywalled. It is all great though because it is better to get it done right the first time around. We got the insulation put in last Wednesday and it looks great and really changes the way the rooms look. So now the sheet rockers are planning on coming next week , July 19-23. I think after the drywall is done it will probably go by so quick with getting things done. Then the fun stuff begins with putting color on the walls and adding the finishing touches.

Here are some pictures with the insulation:

3 comments:

Heather Taylor Photography said...

You look so very cute, and your house is looking great!! I'm glad the sheetrockers will finally be coming next week. Glad you had a wonderful birthday and that Mike was so very sweet to you- lucky you!! And jeeze, it's like you're so old it takes you 3 times to blow out the candles. HAHA... Kidding! :) I'm excited to see you next week!

The Morreys said...

Wow, I can't even recognize the house. It will be fun to see it when we come up.

Happy be-lated birthday! I'm glad it was such a good one! Good job Mike ;)

Roystal said...

aww!! pregnancy sure suits you well..you look adorable!!! Glad you had a good birthday and I cant wait to see pics of little Matthew when he gets here!!! :) PLEASE let me know if you need ANYTHING!! :)