Then on Tuesday I went to my doctor and told him how I was having contractions. He said he would check me if I wanted him to. So of course I wanted to see what was going on so I had him check me. He said I am dilated to a 1 now. Crazy! He told me hopefully we can hold off another 2-3 weeks before he comes so that way his lungs can be fully developed. He told me to take it easy and drink tons of water. Mike couldn't wait to find out after work how my doctor's appointment went because he so badly wanted to be there but had to work. Once I told him he told me I wasn't going to be working anymore so that way I could rest and hopefully it would help in keeping him inside a little longer so Matthew can be a healthy little guy. Also so we can finish our lovely remodel project and have the baby's room ready for him to come home to.
We are so very excited for our little guy to arrive but we were not expecting him so soon. Mike and I are so wanting to hold him in our arms. I can't wait to see Mike with him. He is really going to be such a great daddy. He is so excited. He already bought him his first toy, optimus prime. Of course he will play with it though when he is a little bit older. I love to hear Mike talk about our son in such a loving manner and all the things he wants to do with him once he is born.
I said my good-byes yesterday at work. I had mix feelings about leaving so soon. I am going to miss working with everyone. I loved working with Lorena and Paty in my Infant classroom. We always had so much fun together. They are some really good friends that helped me through the passing of my Dad. I got a little teary eyed saying my good-byes. I will so miss working with Berta, my boss/friend. She is an amazing friend that is always there for you and is so full of life.
I have learned so much from working with her. She also helped me through with the passing of my Dad. She kept me going and still does. She is inspiring. I love having good friends that you know you can count on always.
We finished going to our last class of the Prepared Childbirth at the Logan hospital. It was a great class and I really learned a lot. We got a tour of the new Women's center. It is so nice, secure, and quiet. It made me feel more relaxed knowing where we needed to go when I do start into labor.
So now for the remodel update. We are almost done painting. We only have closets, a 2nd coat on the ceilings, and accent walls to be finished painting. We are hoping to finish with painting this weekend. We have been so very blessed to have so much help with painting from family and friends. We greatly appreciate the help and the service rendered. We couldn't have done it without them.
I love the colors that we picked out. We got to choose our carpet on Tuesday this week. We love it! It is going to look so nice with the paint colors. It is really soft carpet that we bought from Carpet Direct. We are hopefully going to be ordering this weekend our doors and buying the base boards for the rooms.
Here are some pictures to show off the paint colors and our progress.









My sister-in-law Heather took some maternity pictures for us while over the 24 th of July holiday weekend. I absolutely love them. I have many favorites and I can't wait to print them. She is a wonderful photographer and is great at capturing the moment.
Here our some of my favorite maternity pictures that she took for us: (These are my 33 weeks pregnant pictures)









5 comments:
So exciting, sad that you have to leave work early, I worked up until I had Julie. I am glad things are going good on the house. You are so sweet and I can't wait for your little guy to come. Take it easy!
We MISS YOU!! I hope all is well. I loved reading this post and seeing all the lovely pictures. I can't wait to meet little Matthew. Keep in touch. Love you!
Hope you guys are all moved in and getting settled now! The remodel looks great, I'm so impressed. And even though you're probably uncomfortable and anxious for him to come, it's definitely better for him to stay in there and cook til he's ready. :) hang in there- not too much longer now!
Looking good Heidi!! Your picture are beautiful!! I feel like I know Matthew already! Can't wait for you to meet him face to face! ;) Let me know if you need anything! :)
I'm just here stalking your blog for photos of your sweet little guy. hurry up Mike!!! hehe :)
Post a Comment