





Pictures of him when he was at least 3 days old.
We were able to take Matthew home on Thursday Sept, 2. We got home at about 9:30 so you can imagine it was a very long day for us wondering if he was coming home or not. I doctor came in at 6:00 at night to see his progress throughout the day. Luckily to our surprise he said his sugars were looking good along with him not needing to go home with the lights for his jaundice. What an answer to our prayers. Mike and his dad gave Matthew a blessing the day before. We are so very blessed to have the priesthood in our lives. I know Heavenly Father loves us and answers our prayers. Matthew is our gift from God. We love him so much!
I am slowly recovering from the labor but today I am starting to feel more like myself again. I was even able to do some laundry today. It felt so good to be able to have the energy to get some things done. I was blessed to even take a nap with Matthew today. Wow, did that feel great or what. The waking up in the middle of the night is draining on the body but every time I look at his handsome and sweet face it makes it worth every moment with him.
Matthew is really a good baby. He sleeps good as long as he has a full stomach or else he is restless and making grunting noises. He only cries when he wants food or I have to burp him. He is very alert and loves to look around. Today I read him some books and he looked so alert like he was understanding what I was reading to him. It was a precious moment. I love reading children books and now I get to read them to my son. What a joy!
I love the pictures of him and his Dad. Mike is so good with him. He loves spending time with the little guy. He is great with talking to him. Matthew loves his dad. When Mike is in the room he will follow Mike's voice with his head. It is really fun to watch.
I am so very glad that Mike was able to take 2 weeks off from work. He has been such a big help to me with getting use to the big adjustment of having a baby in our lives now. We have enjoyed the time together even though he has been working so very hard on the house to get us back in. I love Mike so very much! He is a blessing to have in my life.
3 comments:
Congratulations!!! He's so precious and perfect. You and Mike are truly blessed with this little one. Have fun raising him and let me know if you need anything. Love you mucho!!
You're right- he does look adorable in that onesie! How cute!
Heidi You have such a cute baby. I am so excited for you two. Congrats!
Post a Comment