Wednesday, November 10, 2010

2 Months old...





He turned 2 months on October 30. It is crazy to think that at the end of this month he will then be 3 months. It seems like I still just gave birth to him only a little while ago. The time just goes by so quickly that I am so blessed to been able to stay home and cherish the sweet moments with him.

What he has been doing lately:
  • He loves to suck on his fists, once he is able to get them in his mouth. He will sometimes lick the one fist with his tongue.
  • Great at moving his head from side to side really fast.
  • He likes to look at himself in the mirror while vocalizing and smiling at himself.
  • Just this morning he woke up at 3:00 a.m. just a vocalizing and having a little conversation with himself. As soon as he heard our voices in the other room he started to get fussy and wanted to eat.
  • I love watching him kick his legs. He is great at kicking them really fast.
  • When I walk out of the room he will now sometimes get fussy or will follow me with his eyes the whole time I am walking by him.
  • He loves to play pat-a-cake with his Daddy. He will smile while you do it with him and sometimes he will get so excited that he will kick his legs.
  • He is starting to vocalize a lot more that he is so loud that it is almost like he is about to scream.
  • At church when the choir sings or the congregation sings he will start vocalizing with them like he is singing with them. He loves music and will vocalize right along with it.
  • Well for right now we have a pretty good schedule with him. Some nights now he is sleeping through the night now. He normally only wakes up twice in the night. Which is a lot better compared to what it use to be.
  • Yesterday he was so hungry that he would eat every 2 hrs rather than his normal every 3 hrs. He slept a lot yesterday probably due to a growth spurt he is going through.
  • Right now he is wearing 0-3 months clothes which in length are getting to small for him already that I think I will have to bring out the 3-6 month clothes for him.
  • At his last doctor appointment he weighed in at 11 lbs. and 7 ounces. That appointment was on October 26. I will have to weigh him some time again to see what he is now at.
  • He will hold onto a rattle now and bring it to his mouth to suck on.
  • Now when he lays under his playmate with toys hanging over him he will reached up and try to grab them while getting so excited and kicking his legs.
  • He loves to read books with us and will sometimes vocalize as we read to him.
  • He takes really good naps during the day sleeping 2-3 hrs and taking 3-4 naps and still going to sleep early at night. He sleeps more now than he ever did when he was a newborn.
  • I have to wrapped him in a burrito style wrap before going to sleep or else he just wants to play and then he gets fussy from not taking his naps.
  • He turns his head at the sound of our voices.
We love the little guy so very much. He brings so much joy into both of our lives. What a blessing he has been to us since the first day he was born.

2 comments:

The Morreys said...

He is such a cutie! I can't believe how much he has grown. I love the Superman costume. He sounds like he really loves his mommy and daddy.

Roystal said...

Heidi he's so cute!!! :) You guys sound so happy..youre such a cute family! I LOVED his superman costume!!! so cute! Glad to see things are well with you! miss ya!