Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Halloween News


A week or so before Halloween we were trying to decide what Matthew could dress up as. Then one day Mike was flying Matthew around the house. So Mike then had the great idea of him being superman for Halloween.

So lately I have been wanting to learn how to sew more and just be more creative so I thought this was perfect timing because then I could make his costume. Thanks to the help of my MIL, Patty we found the perfect clothes at the DI to make his costume work. I then took on the job of sewing his red cape for his costume. It turned out a little smaller than I thought it would be but then it ended up making his costume look even more cute.

The day before Halloween we dressed him in his superman costume and Mike flew him around the house. The funny thing was every time Mike would stop flying him around the house he would start to cry. At first we thought it was because he got scared but as soon as Mike would start flying him around again he was just fine. We were able to captured it on video. It was so cute. Matthew's eyes would get really big as he flew around the living room. He loves his Daddy so much and has tons of fun with him.

We took him to Grandma Maughan's house to show him off and to visit with her and Stacie that Saturday. We ate yummy food and of course sneaked in some candy that night. Luckily we were able to see my brother Travis and his kids. We played some Foosball and a game of chess with the nephews. It was a lot of fun visiting with everyone and just having fun as a family.

On Sunday we then went to Grandpa and Grandma Taylor's house to show off our little superman to them. We flew him around their house. He loved it once again. We had a yummy dinner and enjoy visiting with family.

I love spending time with family. We are so blessed to live so close to both grandparents for little Matthew to get to know better. He is loved by so many. We love our little guy and superman. What a Happy Halloween we had with each other and family.

1 comment:

Berta Loosle said...

Oh my cuteness!! I can't believe he's 2 months!! I miss you and I'm sorry I haven't had time to come out and visit. :(