Always so Happy...
Christmas Eve we spent time as a family during the day and later on my brother Travis showed up with his family. We had a great time talking and catching up on life with one another. Later that night we went to Mike's parents house. We talked and ate some good food.
Christmas Morning we both rushed into Matthew's room and wished him a Merry Christmas. He was kicking his legs and smiling with his mouth wide opened. We invited Mike's parents and his Aunt Laverna to come see Matthew open his gifts that morning. I was really surprised by how interested he was in the opening of his gifts. Mike would hold his hand and help him tear off the wrapping paper. He would just stared with big wide eyes as the wrapping paper was tearing. He was so cute. I love how Mike is so loving and has so much fun with our son. (We had so much fun going shopping for his presents that we were like little kids ourselves once again. It was a fun experience)
In the afternoon my sister Sheila and her family came over for lunch and we played the game "Bang" with them. It was a lot of fun. We had hamburgers and made homemade french fries. It was delicious. The kids loved the french fries. We opened presents later on and visited with one another.
Then my Mom and Stacie showed up later while Sheila and her family were heading over to my brother's house. We had a great time with my Mom and Stace laughing and enjoying each other.
Later that night we went back up to Mike's parents and had dinner with his parents and some of their siblings. It felt like the true meaning of Christmas being surrounded by family.
The day after Christmas we had a big get together with Mike's family. It was so much fun seeing all the kids and visiting with each other. We played "Bang" once again with his family. It was a lot of fun.
Mike and I love the game "Bang". That was our Christmas present for our family this year. So far we have put it to good use.
We were able to be in a Nativity this year in our community. Mike and I were Mary and Joseph. And Matthew was baby Jesus. We had to swaddle him really good because the Nativity was outdoors in a barn with real animals. It was a beautiful and spiritual night. I loved it. We had a really good time as a family.(Donkeys are my favorite animal. So it was funny to watch the donkey go around in a circle while Mike was trying to keep it in one place and from moving around. Ha ha...)
I got some way cute photos of Matthew in my friend's Santa Claus outfit. I love these photos. He looks adorable and was so happy while were putting him in it and somewhat during taking his photos. He loved sucking on the soft and fluffy sleeves of the Santa suit.
6 comments:
He is so cute! I can't believe how big he is already! We really need to get together. Maybe I will try and call you sometime this week. I'm glad you had a fun Christmas!
Love all the photos and that is cool that your were able to be Mary and Joseph in the Nativity with little Matthew as baby Jesus. He really is getting big. Last time we saw you guys I had a cold so I wasn't able to hold him. When are you guys free, so we can get together?
Love the post! I can't believe how big Matthew has gotten. He's so cute! I love and miss you! Have a happy new year!
I agree that having kids at Christmas time really takes you back to when you were a kid. It is the best!
I didn't know they had real animals for the nativity. I wish I could have seen it. It must have been a very special experience.
It was so fun to catch up with you and meet Matthew while we were in Utah! You make a very lovely Mary. That seems like it would be an interesting/fun/neat experience!
aww! these are so cute! I love him in his Santa outfit! glad things are going well heidi! miss ya!
Post a Comment