Happy 2012! I love the sound of that for some reason. I think it is because Mike is done with his schooling. So life for us could change dramatically depending on where he gets a job at. He has been applying everywhere and anywhere. So now it is the fun waiting game to see where life will take us. I can't wait. I am really excited but nervous at the same time. I know we will be blessed and things will worked out for us. It is all about timing.
This past year has been a trying and hard year but I have learned a lot and been blessed a lot. I feel like I have grown so much and my testimony has grown with me. I feel I am becoming a new and better person. I am thankful for the trials I have been given because they have helped me to turn to the Lord for help and to realize I need his help and I can't do it on mine own. Through those trials they have helped to shape me into the person I am becoming. I am very thankful for that. They have helped me to see that I am stronger than I think I am at times. They have also helped me to see that through the atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ we can be healed and feel true joy again. We just have to do our part by letting him in first and asking for his help. He loves us so very much!
I loved what my friend Brook told me awhile back in December. She said, "We don't need to wait for the new year to come to start our resolutions we can start them now and feel like we are getting a head start on them." I loved what she told me because it made me realize what am I waiting for. My logic is thinking if I start at the first of the year then maybe I can accomplish my New Year's Resolutions that is the hope. By starting to exercise early in December with my friend Brook I have already been able to fit in 2 pairs of my jeans before I was pregnant. What an accomplishment and it is only the beginning of the year so now I just need to keep the hard work up. I really now can say that I enjoy exercising rather than dreading it because it helps me to feel better in more ways then one. We have been doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. It is a lot of fun and it is fun to see how you grow stronger each week. Just not in physical strength only because now it has got me to be more motivated in other areas of my life to. Thanks to my great friend Brook that keeps me going. She is so sweet and wonderful. It helps a ton having a friend to work out with. It keeps you going. We try to do it 3 days a week if possible but of course we slack off and go with the flow of the happenings of life. But at least we are trying and accomplishing something along the way.
My New Year's Resolutions:
Serve others more:
My inspiration for this resolution comes from President Monson's Biography Book that I have been reading lately. He is so inspiring and gives so much of his time to others when he is so busy himself but he always makes time to serve. He says that the reason why we are here on this earth now is to help each other out. We learn the most by helping one another.
Exercise:
I have already started doing this in December and I really want to continue doing good with this resolution for this year. I want to be and stay active so I can be healthy and have a long enjoyable life with my family. My goal is to exercise at least 2-3 times a week. Doing a variety of work outs so I don't get bored with it and so it keeps me going forward and not backwards.
Family History:
Lately in church they have taught a lot about keeping your family history and it has really inspired me to do better with writing down my own family history. So I have decided to journal at least 30 min a day on my blog to keep a journal of our lives. So far I am loving it and it helps me to appreciate my day a lot more. It helps me to reflect on what happened and to relish in the good of the day rather than the negative. But still to learn from the bad and to grow from it. I love writing I find it relieves my stress and is very therapeutic.
De clutter my life and house... Keep it simple...
So I read this blog that really made me think a lot about myself and my own life. I love her idea of an 90 min work day. It made me want to simplify my life and realize that I can do without some things. That I don't have to do everything or be like everyone else to feel good about myself but that I can be my own kind of perfect rather than someone's else idea of perfect. (This was given in a general conference talk. I will have to post the link to it. We also had it again for a lesson in Relief Society at church. It was an uplifting talk.)
I also want to do and live without less stuff. We clutter our lives with all this stuff that takes up our time when we could be doing other things like developing our talents or spending time with love ones rather than storing, organizing and cleaning up all that stuff. I am excited to see how this goes.
Check out my inspirations:
Sarah J. Bray: http://sarahjbray.com/2011/12/my-90-minute-workday/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SjoyStudios+%28Sarah+J.+Bray%3A+For+the+love+of+web%29
Conference talk: ?
So far that is mainly what I want to work on. I am still thinking about others and will add to my list later if needed. In the years past I have felt a little overwhelmed by my list so this year I am trying to keep things more simple.
Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment