"Happiness is a decision not a destination."
-John Bytheway-
I thought I would post some fun and new pictures to start with.
He loved playing the organ with Daddy.
These are of him eating his rice cereal and then having green beans for the first time. What a mess but so much fun exploring for him. 


We realize he was getting bored with his other toys so we got him some noise maker toys. He loves playing with them and get so excited. He loves to attack all of his toys.


This is Matthew's first art project. At first he wasn't interested but then he was moving his hand back and forth over the paint. He would grab hold of a corner of the paper and then move the paper all around the highchair. 

This is his second art project. I thought it would be fun to have Matthew paint Valentine's cards for the Grandparents and for Laverna. We also made a card for Daddy. The red paint he went crazy over while breathing and grunting loudly. He loved it.
This is the card I made for Mike, for Valentine's Day. I love making cards.
I had to show off his cute chubby legs and arms. I love them.
Today I was able to go back to bed at 8:30 and sleep until 10:00 while Matthew was taking his nap. I am so glad that he is a good sleeper. For some reason this morning when I woke up I felt so tired. I even fell asleep on the couch this morning while Matthew was playing on the floor with his toys after his first feeding. I woke up to him vocalizing loudly.
He loved playing the organ with Daddy.
After I woke up the second time this morning I felt so great even though I was slow waking up. Matthew and I cuddled in bed while vocalizing to each other. We played peek-a-boo which he loves playing now.
I was able to do dishes, laundry, make muffins for breakfast tomorrow, made some powdered milk for us to drink, and made some homemade wheat bread. I read stories to Matthew, we danced to some music, we vocalized to each other on the floor face to face, Mike got off an hour early from work, gave Matthew a bath, and we are now able to spend some time as a family. Mike was so kind to hang up a shelf for me in Matthew's room tonight. I am so excited because now I get to decorate it tomorrow.
That is what I call a great day of accomplishments and spending quality time with your love ones. Most days all I want to do all day is spend time with Matthew because he is so silly and fun to play with. He makes me so happy. I know though that I must balance out things so I can accomplish things around the house though. Which I enjoy doing because it gives me some time to myself and it is good for him to have time to play by himself.
2 comments:
That is a great day! I love it when I get a lot of things accomplished in a day. I need to have Julie do some artwork like Matthew. Those pictures were cute with paint all over him. I think we are coming over again this Saturday, and I probably will come over at the time I did the last time. So, if you want to hang out that would be fun!
Cute pictures! I love that you let him do some art projects. Those will be fun keepsakes.
Post a Comment