Saturday, February 26, 2011

My New Food Blog...

"We need to extend the hand of friendship... be kinder, more gentle, more forgiving and slower to anger."

-President Howard W. Hunter-

I have decided it would be fun to start a food blog. I have asked Mike to rate my recipes as we eat them for dinner. This way I can give you the ratings and then you can decide whether you dare try it or not. I really enjoy Mike giving me advice so I can become a better cook. I would even love to open my own little restaurant someday. Cooking is one of my favorite hobbies.

I am really excited and thought it would be fun to share my love of cooking with others. I love spending time in the kitchen whipping up delicious dishes and tasty foods. Cooking for me gives me a break from cleaning and normal day to day things. It is a get away for me even though I still to this day don't really enjoy the clean-up process but cooking foods for my husband and doing something I love makes it not so bad and worth it.

So if you would like to view my food blog it is called Ann's Kitchen and here is the link for it: http://annskitchen.blogspot.com. I am still in the process with adding recipes and designing the blog but I am excited for what is to come. Enjoy!

I would love to receive recipes from anyone that would like to share them. Then I can try them out and add them to my recipe collection. Just let me know and I will send you my e-mail address. I love trying new recipes. If I don't have new recipes to try then I just end up not making anything and then we have things from the freezer. I must say I love quick and easy from the freezer but it is nice to have some home cooked meals. Plus, Mike then suffers and begs me to start cooking again. Normally now I make a list of recipes for a month and go shopping once a month to get those items that I need and then choose each night from that list what I will be cooking for dinner. By doing this for our family it has saved us a lot of money and then I don't have to worry about not having the ingredients in the home for the recipes. It is a great thing you should try doing. I love it and it works great for our budget. Even though of course we our a normal family and still have freezer foods, cans, or box foods for those busier and lazier days.

No comments: