"Little by little our charitable acts change our natures, define our characters, and ultimately make us women with the courage and commitment to say to the Lord, 'Here am I; send me."
-Anne C. Pingree, former second counselor, R.S. General Presidency -
I had so much fun this weekend. On Friday night we spent time as a family which I love doing. Then once Matthew went to bed we were able to have some time to ourselves and then at the end of the night we watched a show together. It was great because I was able to cook, clean, and get things done that I had been wanting to get done for awhile. It is so much easier to get things done while Matthew is sleeping. When he is awake I just want to be with him and play together.
Then on Saturday morning I did some housework and played with Matthew. Then I was off to my Relief Society conference that they had for the Stake. The theme was, "Let the light in." It was great to have some alone time and to get out of the house. The speakers at the conference were very uplifting. It was just what I needed to fill my spiritual tank. I was able to visit with the sisters in my ward and was able to get to know them a little better.
Once I got back Mike went four wheeling with his brother Rob, and Christin his wife and baby Julie came over later to have dinner and visit. Christin and I were even able to go out on the four wheelers while the husbands watched over the kids. It was great to breath in some fresh air and have fun riding. I love to go four wheeling. About 2 weeks ago Mike and I went up with Rob four wheeling in the mountains. It was so much fun going on all the trails.
Then on Sunday I was able to be uplifted once again at church. I love the sisters in my ward they are inspiring. They help me want to do better and they help me to feel better as a person and as a mom.
Our friends BJ and Sarah came over later that night and we were able to catch up on each others lives and just laugh with one another. I love every time they come over because we always have such a fun time together.
We gave Matthew squash last night for the first time and of course he loved it. He likes it a lot more than the beans and peas we have given him. He ate it so fast that I was laughing over how cute he was wanting more of it. He would lick his lips and as soon as I put the spoon with squash in front of his face he would dive into it and open his mouth. It was hilarious to watch him. Normally he only eats half of the first stage baby food container and this time with the squash I had to give him the rest of it because he loved it so much and was so hungry.
The weekends are the best. I look forward to them every week because I am able to spend more time with Mike. I love having family time.
2 comments:
So cute... I love the pics of Rob and Mike with their babies! Matthew is really starting to look a lot like Mike, too.
We had so much fun visiting with you guys and going four wheeling. I love how the pictures turned out.
Post a Comment