Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Costume for work...

My sister Stacie and I went shopping at the D.I. in search of a Halloween costume for me. She started with the ideas of clown or old lady with curlers. Then she found this blouse and told me it would be perfect for a pirate. I absolutely loved the idea. She is so very creative. So we then began our search for boots, a vest, a bet, bandanna, and some jewelry. We were able to find almost everything at the D.I. it was great fun shopping with my sister. She is always so full of ideas and very helpful. I then went later to Wal-mart for some eye liner and lipstick to take on the look of a pirate even more. When Mike got home from work he was very surprise with my dark make-up and told me that I look prettier with no make-up. He is such a sweetheart. He did say though that I look like a pirate. Hurray!

All the staff and kids are dressing up. I can't wait to see all of the costumes. We are going to have dancers come that are from Peru. They are going to do a traditional dance from their culture for us. It is going to be so much fun. I just wanted to post a few pictures of my costume. This is a trial run for my costume tomorrow. Let me know what you think. I will let you know how it all went and post some pictures of the events.

5 comments:

Dax and Steph said...

Wow, I think you make a pretty good pirate. I wasn't at head start last year at this time either. I wish i could see all of the kids all dressed up!

Heather Taylor Photography said...

Ohhhhh, you look grrrrrrrrreat! ;) Happy Halloween!

Courtney said...

What a wonderful pirate costume! Please post some pictures of the costumes from work, I miss you all! You did get on your costume, but sort of scary me with your mean look!

Berta Loosle said...

I love the look! heehee. You're so scary in that pirate outfit. NOT!

Anonymous said...

GREAT COSTUME HEIDI!! It was soo good to see you the other day..TWICE! (: Hope all is well with you! love ya girlie!!

krys