Sunday, October 5, 2008

Hold Up, Lets Back Up a few days...Thursday Oct 2, 2008

I didn't have time to write about how my adviser came on Thursday to do observations on me with the Infants and Toddlers which is part of getting my CDA (Child Development Associate). So I thought I would share that with you now. I was nervous off and on throughout the week before she was schedule to come. But when the day arrived it wasn't all that bad. I was able to be myself and enjoy interacting regularly with my cute Infants and had the opportunity of playing outside with the great Toddlers. Everything went fabulous. I asked her how I did. She said, I had really good interactions with both age groups and that I met the requirements in the observation book. She said, that she was able to find great examples for each observation. And also that she could tell I had read the book and was prepared. What a relief it was to hear those words. I was absolutely thrilled. On my break that day I had to call and leave a message letting Mike know that things had gone excellent with my observation and that I had passed. I just couldn't wait until he got home so I had to leave a message on his cell to let him know the good news. He called me once he got off work wishing me congratulations. Mike was so great the night before and in the morning wishing me Good Luck and telling me I didn't need luck because he knew I would do a great job no matter what. He told me just to be myself and relax. I must say that advice helped me a lot and it was very comforting to my heart. I love the advice he gives me. He is such a caring and loving husband. My prayers were also answered with helping me to stay calm and be myself.
So my dear sweet husband when he arrived home after work he walked through the door with a surprise of a dozen red roses for me. He said it was to congratulate me for doing a great job on my observation. And of course, the roses he picked out were my favorite the dark red color. He truly made my night. I love him.



1 comment:

Courtney said...

That is wonderful! Congratulations on doing such a great job on your observation! You are almost done with your CDA!