I went over this morning to Mike's aunt, Aunt Kaye house. She is teaching me how to crochet a washcloth. I have been wanting to learn for some time and now she is giving me lessons. It was pretty funny, watching me try to start it. It took me numerous times trying to get it. We kept on laughing over it again and again. I have almost finished making an afghan but it is a different stitch and I do it the shuffler way. She told me that I am a shuffler and that I don't do it the pretty way. She is determined to teach me the pretty way and I am determined to learn it. The shuffler way is where you move your hand way to much when crocheting. The pretty way is just push and pull. This way it doesn't hurt your wrist so much and I will be able to crochet for longer periods of time. I am excited to learn. His Aunt is so very nice to teach me. She is very talented and I am thankful that she has the patience to help me learn. Here is a picture of my first lesson of learning to do it the pretty way. I will show you my progress and hopefully the finish product will be the washcloth. As you can see I didn't make it very far. Right now she is just having me practice holding the hook the right way and getting the tension right.

I also started once again reading, "Twilight". I am actually getting into it now and the whole vampire thing does not bother me as much. I am almost done reading "Twilight" and will soon begin reading the second book of the series. I really am enjoying the book now. My sister Stacie is going to come over once I have finished all the books so we can watch "Twilight" the movie together. I am looking forward to that. It was a great and relaxing day reading my book. I haven't read a good book for awhile. I love to read.
2 comments:
Each Christmas Dan's grandmother gives us washcloths that she has crocheted for us. They are my favorite washcloths! That is a great talent to learn! I knew that you would enjoy the "Twilight" series, even though you looked at me like I was crazy whenever I would tell you about the books!
That is so neat she is teaching you. I would love to learn too. I think it would be so fun to crochet cute hats or booties.
I hope you enjoy the Twilight books. I thought they were fun to read and hard to put down.
Post a Comment