Stacie came over today to make cards with my CRICUT. She made a "thinking of you" card and I made a "birthday" card for my nephew Ty. His birthday is on Sunday, Feb 22. They turned out to be really cute cards. I forgot to take pictures of them after I sealed the envelope. Sorry better luck next time at viewing them. We then made delicious Oatmeal,Chocolate Chip, Coconut Cookies. This recipe is one of my favorites. They turned out to be really chewy, sweet, full of chocolate, and very delicious. In between batches of cookies we played a game together. We talked, laughed, and teased each other. I love having sisters and especially having my one sister, Stace live so close to us. It is great. We had loads of fun. Thanks again Stace for a fun and fantastic day.

Oatmeal,Chocolate Chip, Coconut Cookies:
3/4 c. shortening
1 1/3 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
3/4 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. flour
1/2 c. coconut
2 c. oats
1 pkg. chocolate chips
Cream shortening and sugar; add eggs and dry ingredients. Stir in oats, coconut, and then chocolate chips. Bake at 350' for 8-10 min.
I normally cook them for 8 min. and let them seat on the stove for 1 min. Then I put them onto a cooling rack so that way they are nice and chewy tasting. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment