Thursday, February 26, 2009

Day 25. Bottling Chicken...

Today I learned how to bottle chicken. My sister-in-law Tera came over to teach me how. It is a lot of hard work and patience. For saying this is my first time canning anything, I would do it again. I really enjoyed learning how and look forward to learning how to can more things in the future. Thanks again Tera for teaching me how. I ended up getting 32 pints of chicken which was 40lbs of chicken to begin with. Maceys is having a great deal on chicken where it is $1.49 lb. and you can buy the boxes with 40 lbs. already in it for about $59.00. That is a way good deal because last time I bought chicken it was $3.99lb. I thought it would be a good food storage item to have. What an accomplishment for today.

No comments: